WE're committed to minimizing our environmental impact.
The Stowe Mountain Lodge Classic is devoted to ensuring tennis has a positive interaction with the environment, and, in addition to the partnerships below, we’re proud that the event will:
- Be hosted at Stowe Mountain Lodge, which promotes environmental awareness and best practices through its Destination Earth program.
- Be styrofoam and plastic straw free.
- Be a natural light event.
sustainability through Partnerships
- Water bottle refill stations: our Watermark Fillings Stations will reduce the waste from single-use plastic bottles and provide safe, great-tasting drinking water with little to no waste. Learn more about the Vermont-based Clear Water Filtration group.
- Waste management: thanks to the support of the Lamoille Regional Solid Waste Management District, we’ll provide Clear Stream disposal stations around the venue and the Waste Warrior team will be on-site to help people make the right choices about their waste and keep our recycling and composting streams clear.
- Recycling used tennis balls: what happens to the millions of tennis balls put into use on an annual basis? Thanks to Recycle Balls, they are increasingly recycled into green products and solutions that improve tennis, our planet and our lives.